Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I'd like to take this post to wish everyone (back home and abroad) a happy and wonderful Thanksgiving. In giving thanks, I'd like to thank all of my faithful viewers (commenters and lurkers alike) for being the battery in my back to get up, get out and get blogging. I'd also like to take the time to thank the Lord, my parents, my family, my friends and colleagues of mine for the wonderful life that I have been blessed to have lived, and for the wonderful life that lies ahead of me.

I would give thanks that I have the day off...but I don't. So ya'll better be thankful that you have today and tomorrow off...and will be eating damn good for the entire weekend.

I implore each and every one of you all to leave me a comment (yes, even all you lurkers...pleeeeeeeeeeeease, just this one time :-). In addition to the requisite "Happy Thanksgiving", if you could take an additional 15 seconds to let us all know where you're spending Thanksgiving and what's on deck for dinner (I'll let you save the "what I'm thankful for"'s for your Thanksgiving blessing at the dinner table).

Here's mine...


Cheers.


7 comments:

Kadija said...

"The early settlers of Plymouth Colony in Massachusetts were particularly grateful to Squanto, the Native American and former British slave who taught them how to both catch eel and grow corn and also served as their native interpreter. Without Squanto's assistance, the settlers might not have survived in the New World."

Since I am also a British settler in these United States, I would like to give thanks to all of my 'Squanto's' who have helped me survive in this new world:
Bob, Stephanie, Teniqua, Danielle, Randy , Jessica, Kristy, EZ Street, Tyrone, Paula, Barry, Ms. Richardson, Paul, Kenny, Kenya, Rob, Ayana, Flexx and Rane, Justine, (My BFF) Larisa, and of course the latest addition to my American adventure, Fred IV.

Perhaps next year I'll make a bigger deal of Thanksgiving. To see what I got up to today check out my blog.

THANKS x

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

leadiamond said...

Even though I'm a few days late for you, Happy Thanksgiving!! I finally got all caught up on your blog. Keep up the fun/interesting/strange/informative/questionable blogs coming.

Frankfurt Freddie said...

Apparently no one read the blog cuz I asked...What did u have 4 thanksgiving dinner?!

AlliShay said...

Roast turkey, honey spiral ham, collards & mustard greens, dirty rice, mac n cheese, seafood & turkey dressings, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, green beans, corn, mashed potato, rutabaga, chocolate cake, banana pudding, sweet potato pie, coconut pie, pecan pie, sweet peach tea, v8 fruit juice, soda, and water.

Damn, now I'm hungry! Thanks Fred

Frankfurt Freddie said...

You really said, "v8 fruit juice, soda and water"

In all honesty, thanks. These are the type of comments I was looking 4.

Anyone else...?

McCoy said...

So I was in Galway Ireland where Jo Annah had food poisoning on thanksgiving...so I grabbed some fast food at an Irish fast food chain called Supermac and I picked up crackers from the grocery store (Centra) for Jo - quality thanksgiving meal