Monday, January 25, 2010

Mine is a Mental Struggle...

So here I am, less than 30 days away from 30 years of age, and I find myself torn.

I have friends, family and colleagues whose ambition I admire...but to a certain degree, I feel its the money and fame that drives them--neither of which particularly appeal to me past the point of affecting my freedom.

On the other hand, I also have friends, family and colleagues whose freedom I admire...but to a certain degree, I feel its sloth and indifference that drives them--neither of which particularly appeal to me past the point of affecting my ambition.

So I guess that's the thing...are they mutually exclusive? I don't know, but it seems that everyone I've seen with ambition, is a slave to their drive. And everyone with freedom to "do what they want", doesn't really seek to do anything of real consequence.

An even bigger question, even if they aren't mutually exclusive...will I have any friends left, as I won't be driven enough for those with ambition and too ambitious for those who "do what they want".

Just my thoughts, I'll probably feel different tomorrow.

Cheers.

No comments: